American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 16




1. What does the woman ask the man?
  • If he is going home for the upcoming holidays
  • If he knows of a simple way to go to the airport
  • If he knows someone who can take her to the airport
  • If he thinks it's a bad idea for her to fly during the holiday
2. How does the man go to the airport when he flies?
  • By car
  • By bus
  • By taxi
  • By train
3. How much did it cost the man to take the FastPass?
  • $13 one-way
  • $13 round-trip
  • $30 one-way
  • $30 round-trip
4. What does the man look for?
  • A wallet
  • A telephone
  • A place to sit
  • A business card
5. Why does the man say the woman should make a reservation?
  • Seats go quickly.
  • The trip is speedy.
  • The scenery is pretty.
  • Departures leave hourly.



A: Tyler, do you know of an easy way to get to the airport? I'm flying home for the holidays.
B: Why don't you take the bus, Sylvia? That's what I always do when I fly.
A: Okay, but I don't know anything about the bus service here.
B: Well, let me ask you--you ever heard of "FastPass"?
A: No, not until now. Is that a bus line?
B: Yes, it is. It will take you straight to your terminal at O'Hare.
A: That sounds like what I need. Do you know how much it costs?
B: The last time I took it, it was $30 one-way. Let me see if I have their card in my wallet. Yeah, here it is. You should call 1-800-500-5500 to reserve a seat.
A: So, do I have to make a reservation?
B: No, you don't have to, you know. But it's better if you do. That way you can make sure you've got a seat. They're pretty crowded at times, especially around holidays.
A: Uh, I think you said 1-800-500-5500, right? I'll give them a call when I get home. Thanks a lot, Tyler.


0 comments:

Post a Comment