American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 19




1. From which platform will the train leave?
  • Platform 2
  • Platform 3
  • Platform 4
  • Platform 5
2. What time does the conversation take place?
  • 8:15
  • 8:45
  • 9:15
  • 9:45
3. How often do the trains come at night?
  • Every 10 minutes
  • Every 15 minutes
  • Every 30 minutes
  • Every 50 minutes
4. When should the woman get off the train?
  • At the 3rd stop
  • At the 4th stop
  • At the 5th stop
  • At the 6th stop



A: Uh, what does it say I should do next?
B: Excuse me. Do you need some help?
A: Well . . . yeah . . . I guess so. I'm trying to get to the university, but I'm afraid I can't make heads or tails of this ticket machine.
B: Just push the green button that says "University" and put in two dollars and seventy-five cents.
A: Okay. Like this?
B: Yes, that's right. The train you want will leave from platform 2 at 9:15, which is half an hour from now.
A: Thank you. Oh, and could you tell me how often the trains come?
B: They come every fifty minutes in the evening.
A: Okay. And do you know what station I should get off at?
B: You want University Avenue; that's five stops from here.
A: Okay, I think I've got it. Thanks again.
B: Sure. Good luck.


0 comments:

Post a Comment