American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 27




1.) When was the man going to call the doctor?
  • 10:00am
  • at lunch
  • after work

2.) What kind of appointment does he want?
  • check out
  • check down
  • check up

3.) When does he want an appointment?
  • Thursday morning
  • Thursday afternoon
  • Wednesday afternoon





A: Dr. Silver's Office.
B: Oh, I thought you opened at 10:00 am, but my wife said to try earlier. She was right! I was going to call you at lunch.
A: Yes, people are always surprised that we're here so early. How can I help you, sir?
B: I'd like to make an appointment to have a check-up, please.
A: Okay. Could I have your name please?
B: Yes. My name is Ian Conley.
A: Mr. Conley, how about the day after tomorrow at 9:30?
B: Um . . . would you have anything in the afternoon? I have a meeting Thursday morning.
A: Okay. Hmm . . . we do have an opening that afternoon at 4:00. Would that be good for you?
B: Yes, that would be just fine.
A: Okay. Mr. Conley, while I have you on the line, could I just check a few things?
B: Sure.
A: Is your address still 2354 Locklear Street, apartment 11?
B: Actually, ma'am, it's number 17.
A: Okay, I'll change that. And your phone number--is it 233-4027?
B: Yes, it is.
A: Thank you, Mr. Conley. Alright, I have you down for 4:00 on Thursday afternoon.
B: Thanks. See you then.
A: Bye.


0 comments:

Post a Comment