American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 33




1.) What’s wrong with the girl?
  • she is sick
  • her car isn’t working
  • she is driving

2.) When was the last time she has a problem?
  • last week
  • 3 days ago
  • 2 days ago

3.) What does the girl need from the man?
  • fix her car
  • give her a ride
  • help her finish her homework




A: Hello, Steve?
B: Hi, Veronica. What's going on?
A: Oh, my car's having problems again, but I don't have the time or the money to get it fixed.
B: Is it really bad?
A: It's starting to overheat whenever I'm idling or in heavy traffic, and two days ago I had to pull off the expressway and wait until the engine cooled down.
B: Have you taken it into a shop?
A: Well, I went to two different places yesterday; one mechanic said he'd check the coolant level and look for fluid leaks, and the other guy said he thought it was the thermostat. I didn't leave the car with either of them, though, because I didn't have a ride back.
B: What are you going to do?
A: I really don't know. I'll have to figure out something; the bus service is terrible around where I live. Anyway, could I ask you for a favor?
B: Of course, what is it?
A: You know, tomorrow's Monday and we're supposed to turn in our homework in English, but I'm only gotten halfway through it-I've just been too busy. If I came over, would you help me finish it?
B: Sure, I'll be here all evening. And actually I haven't finished the homework either; I've just been putting it off, so it's good you're coming over-I need someone to motivate me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment