American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 17




1. When does the conversation take place?
  • In the morning
  • At 1:00 pm
  • At 3:00 pm
  • In the evening
2. The man uses the expression "say 1:00" What does this mean?
  • It's 1:00, isn't it?
  • You told me 1:00.
  • It was around 1:00
  • How does 1:00 sound?
3. What does the woman want to get out of?
  • A show
  • A meeting
  • A swimsuit
  • A catalogue
4. What does the woman probably look at when she agrees to the meeting time?
  • A ticket
  • A schedule
  • A checkbook
  • A stopwatch
5. On what day will the man and woman meet?
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday



A: Grist Clothing.
B: This is Pat Jones from Hope Industries. May I speak to George Grist, please?
A: Oh, Ms. Jones! This is George Grist speaking. How are you?
B: I'm fine, thanks. The reason why I called is to ask if I can come and show you our new swimwear catalogue.
A: I'd like that. Say, I'm free after lunch. So, how about this afternoon, say 1:00?
B: I'm afraid I can't, Mr. Grist. I'll be in a meeting all afternoon. I wish I could get out of it but . . .
A: I understand. Is Thursday at 3:00 okay? Are you free then?
B: Hmmm ... I think I am, but let me check. Uh, yes, 3:00 is fine.
A: Great. I'll see you then, Ms Jones.
B: Thank you, Mr. Grist. Bye.


0 comments:

Post a Comment