American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 29




1.) Is this the first time the man has eaten at this restaurant?
  • no
  • yes
  • other

2.) What time does he want a table?
  • 7:00pm
  • 5:00pm
  • 6:00pm

3.) Why does the man want to sit near the window?
  • he likes the view of the city
  • he wants some fresh air
  • he needs some light




A: Great Lakes Fish and Lobster. How may I help you?
B: Yes, when I ate lunch there yesterday, I saw that you accept reservations.
A: Yes, we do.
B: Well, then I'd like to reserve a table for 6:00 tonight if that's possible.
A: Certainly, may I have your name, sir?
B: My name is Tyler.
A: And let me confirm the time you said--you want a table at 6 pm, is that correct?
B: Yes, it is.
B: How large is your party, sir?
A: Uh . . . including myself, there will be ten of us altogether.
B: And do you have a preference, sir?
A: Huh . . . excuse me?
B: Is there any place you would prefer to sit? We do have a smoking section out on the terrace.
A: Oh, I see! Um, would it be possible to reserve a table next to the window? You have a good view of the city.
B: Yes, we can arrange that.
A: Thank you very much.
B: No problem. We'll see you at six.


0 comments:

Post a Comment