American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 34




1.) What was the girl writing about?
  • a space mission
  • NASA
  • planets

2.) What does she want to write about now?
  • her friend
  • an astronaut she met
  • a different space mission

3.) What does the professor want her to include?
  • the astronaut’s name
  • the astronaut’s background
  • the history of Europe




A: Excuse me, Dr Chandler, do you have a moment?
B: Of course, what can I do for you, Sienna?
A: I want to change the topic of my paper. You know I was writing about Apollo 11, but now I want to write about something else.
B: I'm surprised. On Monday, you were showing me all the pictures of the moon landing you'd found on the Internet.
A: Well, yesterday my friend introduced me to her uncle, who was an astronaut at NASA up until a year ago. I'd like to write about him if that's okay.
B: Yes, that sounds like it'll be a fascinating paper. Make sure you include some historical facts, though; this gentleman's job must have been very interesting, but don't forget the historical context or background.
A: I've got some books about the American space program.
B: That sounds like a good start. You could talk a little about the European and Russian space programs, too.
A: I'll do that. I'll see you next week, Dr. Chandler. Thank you!
B: Bye, Sienna. I look forward to reading your paper.


0 comments:

Post a Comment