American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 32




1.) Is the girl talking in Dr. Ellis’s class?
  • yes
  • no
  • other

2.) Why can’t the girl’s roommate come to class?
  • shopping
  • at the doctor
  • at an interview

3.) Where will the professor be from 3:00-6:00?
  • in a meeting
  • in the bathroom
  • teaching a class





A: Hello. Matt Ellis speaking.
B: Hello, Dr. Ellis, my name's Pam Johnson. My roommate, Janet Holms, wanted me to call you.
A: Janet Holms? Oh, that's right; she's in my Shakespearean English class. Has anything happened to her?
B: Nothing, it's just that she submitted a job application yesterday and the company asked her in for an interview today. She's afraid she won't be able to attend your class this afternoon, though. I'm calling to see if it would be okay if I gave you her essay. Janet said it's due today.
A: Certainly, that would be fine. Uh, you can either drop it off at my class or bring it to my office.
B: Would it be alright to come by your office around 4:00? It's impossible to come any earlier because I have three classes this afternoon.
A: Uh, I won't be here when you come; I'm supposed to be at a meeting from 3 to 6, but how about leaving it with my secretary? She usually stays until 5:00.
B: Fine; please tell her I'll be there at 4:00. And Dr. Ellis, one more thing, could you tell me where your office is located? Janet told me where your class is, but she didn't give me directions to your office.
A: Well, I'm in Room 302 of the Gregory Building. I'll tell my secretary to put the paper in my mail box, and I'll get it when I return.
B: I sure appreciate it; Janet was worried about not getting her paper in on time.
A: No problem. I'll look for Janet's paper later this evening. Good-bye, Ms. Johnston.
B: Bye, Dr. Ellis. Thanks again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment