American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 12





1. What are the speakers discussing?
  • A training program
  • A railroad schedule
  • Where to cash a check
  • Where to stay in Chicago
2. At what time does the train to Chicago leave?
  • 2:14
  • 2:40
  • 4:13
  • 4:30
3. On what day is this conversation taking place?
  • Sunday
  • Saturday
  • A holiday
  • A weekday
4. What is the woman having trouble doing?
  • Reading her book
  • Seeing what time it is
  • Finding when her train leaves
  • Getting some time to take it easy
5. What is on the other side of the paper the woman is holding?
  • Weekend and holiday train times
  • Advertisements for different trips
  • Tips for scheduling one's time better.
  • Prices for one-way and round-trip tickets



A: Excuse me, sir; I can't read this timetable. When does train 214 leave?
B: It leaves at four-thirteen pm.
A: And what time does it arrive in Chicago?
B: Just a sec; let me check. It gets in at six twenty-five pm.
A: Okay, I can read this; it's easier than I thought. One more thing--I'll come back on Sunday. Should I use the same timetable?
B: If you turn the page over, you'll see the times for weekends and holidays on the other side
A: Great! Thanks for your help.
B: No problem. Have a good trip.


0 comments:

Post a Comment