American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 35




1.) What does the boy want from Holly?
  • borrow her notes
  • go to the library with Holly
  • get the answers to a test

2.) Where does the boy work?
  • coffee shop
  • grocery store
  • theatre

3.) What has the boy been doing during class?
  • using his phone
  • sleeping
  • nodding at the professor





A: Holly, is it possible to borrow your notes? I'll return them tomorrow.
B: Sorry, but I usually go to the cafeteria and review them. Say, how about copying them over in the library?
A: Okay, I think I've got enough coins for the machines. You're a lifesaver, Holly!
B: No problem. But I don't understand why you need my notes, Carter; you haven't missed any classes.
A: Weekday mornings, I'm a cashier at a coffee shop downtown. After work, I come directly to school, and, boy, am I beat!
B: Wow, you're probably exhausted!
A: That's exactly why I want to borrow your notes; I've been nodding off during class, so my notes aren't very good.
B: Well, here's Professor Labelle; how you feeling?
A: I'm usually awake at the beginning. But thirty minutes into class and I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open.
B: Listen, I need someone to study with, and you need someone to keep you awake; want to be study partners?
A: Yeah, I'd sure appreciate it.
B: Okay; let's start today at the library. We're going there anyway, and I don't have to go to the cafeteria.
A: Sounds good. Oh, no, it looks like he's brought along some more of his slides; elbow me if I start drifting off.
B: I'm afraid I won't be very helpful; his slides make me sleepy too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment