American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 18




1. What is the woman's most likely occupation?
  • Hotel clerk
  • Park ranger
  • Museum guide
  • Baseball player
2. What is the weather like?
  • It is clear.
  • It is rainy.
  • It is windy.
  • It is overcast.
3. What does the man decide to visit?
  • A gym
  • A farm
  • A stadium
  • A museum
4. What is the "E1"?
  • a train line
  • an elevator
  • a baseball team
  • an historic building
5. What time does the man leave?
  • 1:00
  • 2:00
  • 3:00
  • 4:00



A: Excuse me, ma'am?
B: Yes, sir. How can I help you?
A: I'm a guest here; I'm in Room 514. I have some free time this afternoon, so I want to go see a park, a landmark, something. What would you suggest?
B: Uh . . . Wrigley Field on a sunny day like today is nice.
A: Wrigley Field . . . ? Don't the Cubs play baseball there?
B: That's right. In fact, they have a game there at 4:00. You want to see a building with history? I think Wrigley Field is THE Chicago landmark to see.
A: Great, how do I get there?
B: Go north one block and take the El.
A: The "El"?
B: Oh, that's short for "elevated train." Nothing gets you in or out of Wrigley faster.
A: Well, the game starts in one hour, so I'd better go now. Thanks for your help!
B: No problem; have a good time!


0 comments:

Post a Comment