American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 25




1.) What is the problem?
  • there was a robbery
  • there is too much labor
  • a girl is having a baby

2.) Where are the people with the emergency?
  • at a bank
  • at a college
  • at a park

3.) What should the people do while they wait for an ambulance?
  • calm her down and keep her warm
  • give her water and make her sleep
  • talk to her and walk with her




A: 911.
B: Help. I need some help!
A: Yes sir. Can you tell me what is happening?
B: I'm at the university and a student of mine is . . . is going into labor right at this very moment.
A: Yes sir. Can you tell me exactly where you are?
B: On the . . . on the . . . I'm sorry, I'm a nervous wreck right now. We're on the second floor of Cutler Hall, room 211.
A: I understand, sir. May I have your name and the student's name?
B: Her name is . . . uh . . . Anita Rivera. And my name's Lawrence Clark. I'm a professor here at the university
A: Okay, who is there with you?
B: Um, Anita and two other students. They're watching her while I call. What do you think; should we drive her to the hospital?
A: No, an ambulance is already on its way. It should be there very soon.
B: Uh, what should we do while we wait for it to come?
A: Just keep her calm and warm.
B: Okay, we'll do that. Thank you.




0 comments:

Post a Comment