American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 14





1. What does the man want to do?
  • Watch a performance
  • Play a musical instrument
  • Listen to music on the radio
  • Make some time for himself
2. What does the taxi driver tell the man?
  • The opera house is far away.
  • There are many traffic lights.
  • There are few vehicles on the road.
  • He has a flat tire, but he has a spare.
3. What does the man do for a living?
  • He delivers newspapers.
  • He builds performance halls.
  • He plays music professionally.
  • He reviews plays and musicals.
4. What time does the taxi arrive at the opera house?
  • 5:30
  • 5:50
  • 6:10
  • 6:30
5. How much extra does the man pay the taxi driver?
  • Two dollars and twenty-five cents
  • Two dollars and seventy-five cents
  • Seven dollars and twenty-five cents
  • Seven dollars and seventy-five cents



A: Can you take me to Civic Opera House, please?
B: Sure thing. You going to that musical that's playing there?
A: Yes. But it starts at six. Do you think we'll make it in time?
B: Traffic's light and we're not that far away. I'll get you there in about ten minutes.
A: Great! I was late the last time I went, and I couldn't get in till intermission. That's not good if you're a theater critic for the paper like I am.
B: Well, don't worry; this time you'll have plenty of time to spare.
-- A short time later --
B: Here you are, sir, Civic Opera House. What did I tell you? You're thirty minutes early.
A: I sure appreciate it. How much do I owe you?
B: Seventeen twenty-five.
A: Okay, here's a twenty. Keep the change.
B: Thank you, sir. Enjoy the show.
A: I will. Thank you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment