American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 11





1. What time does the woman say it is?
  • 20 minutes to 8:00
  • 15 minutes to 8:00
  • 10 minutes to 8:00
  • 5 minutes to 8:00
2. Why does the man ask what time it is?
  • He thinks he is going to be late for his first class.
  • He believes his watch is not showing the correct time.
  • He wants to know when the laundry room is going to open.
  • He is waiting for the news headlines to be announced.
3. The woman says she did a "scatterbrained thing." What does she mean?
  • She did something nice.
  • She did something silly.
  • She did something clever.
  • She did something hurtful.
4. What did the woman do after she saw it was 7:30?
  • She drove to class.
  • She rushed to class.
  • She strolled to class.
  • She attended to class.
5. Why didn't the woman see any other students in the room?
  • The class was on a field trip.
  • She didn't go to the right classroom.
  • All of the other students were late too.
  • She went on a day when class is not held.



A: What time is it, Sylvia?
B: Uh, it's seven-fifty.
A: Huh, my watch is slow. Maybe it's the battery.
B: Oh, that reminds me; I should tell you about the scatterbrained thing I did.
A: What was that?
B: Well, a few mornings ago, when I woke up, it was already seven-thirty. I thought I'd slept through the alarm.
A: Seven-thirty! That didn't give you much time, did it?
B: No, it didn't. I took a quick shower, jumped into my clothes, and ran all the way here.
A: Did you make it in time?
B: Yeah, I think I got here right at eight. But there was one problem.
A: What was that?
B: There were no other students; I was the only one here!
A: Oh, no! Let me guess--it was Saturday!
B: That's right. I need a clock that tells me what day it is.


0 comments:

Post a Comment