American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 10





1. Who are the speakers?
  • Neighbors
  • Passengers
  • Co-workers
  • Close friends
2. What do the speakers do with the box?
  • They take it on the bus.
  • They bring it to the office.
  • They carry it up the stairs.
  • They put it in the elevator.
3. What does the woman do after lunch if she has time?
  • She sees a movie.
  • She gets on the Internet.
  • She reads the newspaper.
  • She goes shopping at the mall.
4. At what time does the woman usually arrive at work?
  • 12:00 pm
  • 2:45 pm
  • 3:30 pm
  • 4:15 pm
5. What is the woman's profession?
  • Usher
  • Reporter
  • Radio DJ
  • Salesperson





A: That box looks heavy, Serena. Can I help you carry it up to your apartment?
B: Thanks. This chair was on sale, but I wasn't thinking about the stairs. I wish we had an elevator in this building!
A: I've got this side. Hey, Serena, I was wondering; what do you do during the day?
B: Well, on weekdays I usually get up at ten. I get on the Internet or read the paper for two hours. Then I eat lunch around noon. If I have time, I'll go catch a matinee at the theater over at the mall.
A: When do you go to work?
B: I catch a bus at three-thirty, and I get to the office about forty-five minutes later. Wait; let me unlock the door.
A: And what time do you come back?
B: Here in the corner is fine, thanks. Uh, I get home pretty late, usually after one in the morning.
A: Really? What exactly is your job?
B: Oh, I thought you knew. I'm a TV announcer. I do WNTV's entertainment reports! Haven't you seen me before?
A: Gee, I'm sorry. I never watch TV.


0 comments:

Post a Comment