American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 8




1. What is the woman's native language?
  • French
  • Korean
  • English
  • Chinese
2. What languages does the man speak?
  • English, French, and Chinese
  • English, Chinese, and Korean
  • English, German, and French
  • English, Korean, and German
3. The man says his "French is rusty." What does he mean?
  • He studied French in the countryside.
  • He thinks he is too old to learn French.
  • He doesn't speak French very often now.
  • He never learned French grammar very well.
4. How does the man practice his German?
  • In Berlin
  • With a neighbor
  • On the telephone
  • At a language school
5. Why does the woman say the man needs a neighbor who's from Paris?
  • The man's native language is French.
  • The man's just started taking French classes.
  • The man wants to study abroad at a French school.
  • The man needs to maintain his ability to speak French.



A: Sylvia, what languages do you speak?
B: As you know, Korean is my first language. I also speak English and some Chinese. How about you; what languages do you speak?
A: English, German, and French. While I was studying in Europe, I used French and German all the time. Now my French is rusty, but I do keep my German up.
B: How do you practice your German?
A: Oh, the man who lives next door--I call him Heinz--is from Berlin. He and I are always talking about Germany.
B: Well, all you need now is a neighbor from Paris!


0 comments:

Post a Comment