American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 6





1. Where does the conversation take place?
  • In a car
  • In a dorm
  • In a restaurant
  • In a language class
2. On which day does the conversation probably NOT take place?
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday
  • Monday
3. What does the woman offer?
  • A sign
  • Her fries
  • Language lessons
  • A ride to the dorm
4. Where is the woman from?
  • Spain
  • China
  • England
  • Puerto Rico
5. What does the woman say about the man's Chinese?
  • He doesn't speak it very well.
  • He already speaks it like a native.
  • He probably speaks it better than he thinks.
  • He will speak it fluently if he practices more.



A: Hi Steve. So that was your car I saw. I thought you always ate at the dorm.
B: Hi Juanita. Most of the time I do. But on Fridays and weekends, I like to go out.
A: Listen, you want to help me finish my fries? I shouldn't have ordered the large.
B: Thanks, they look good. Uh, by the way, Juanita, can I ask where you're from?
A: I'm from Isabela, a town in Puerto Rico. Why?
B: Well, you speak English fluently, and your Spanish is perfect.
A: I've used both languages ever since I can remember. My parents made sure I attended schools where they spoke English.
B: I'd love to be bilingual. I've studied Chinese for five years, but I know I'll never speak like a native.
A: Let me ask you something, Sebastian. Do you ever dream in Chinese?
B: Um, yes, I do sometimes. Is that a good sign?
A: It shows that you're making progress. I bet you know more Chinese than you think you do.


0 comments:

Post a Comment