American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 5



1. What does the woman have to do?
  • Fill out a form for school.
  • Register to vote
  • Do a research project
  • Fill out a pair of jeans
2. Where did the woman grow up?
  • Texas
  • France
  • Oregon
  • California
3. Why does the man ask the woman questions?
  • To determine her nationality
  • To help her finish her homework
  • To assist her in locating her mother
  • To find out what her native language is
4. What will the woman probably do next?
  • Move to California
  • Write to her mother
  • Apply for a passport
  • Mail a letter to the school



A: Jean, could you help me?
B: Sure, Marie. What do you need?
A: Oh, it's this registration form I have to fill out for school; there's a line that I don't know what to do with.
B: Which one?
A: Where it says "Country of Origin." I was born in France, but when I was a baby we moved to California. That's where I lived until I went to university.
B: Your mother's an American citizen, right?
A: Yes, she is. She was born and raised in Texas.
B: And you have a U.S. Passport?
A: Yes, I do.
B: Well, then, don't worry about that part. It's only for people who aren't American citizens.
A: Thanks, that's everything; I'm finished! All I need now is a stamp and an envelope.


0 comments:

Post a Comment