American English - Audio Course v1.0: Unit 2





1. What do the speakers have in common?
  • They both like math.
  • They have the same class.
  • Both of them are always late.
  • They have the same sleeping habits.
2. Why did the man sit by the door in class?
  • He was very sleepy.
  • He didn't arrive on time.
  • He was looking for the woman.
  • He didn't like being called names.
3. Why does the woman apologize?
  • She is constantly late for class.
  • She cannot see the man any longer.
  • She hates having a morning math class.
  • She doesn't say the man's name correctly.
4. When does the man want to take the 205 class?
  • At 8:00
  • At night
  • Any time he can
  • In the afternoon
5. The woman says she is "not a morning person." What does she mean?
  • She never sleeps past dawn.
  • She dislikes going to bed late.
  • She doesn't perform well before noon.
  • She isn't at her best unless it's morning.



A: Hi there; I'm Zack. I saw you in the 8:00 class.
B: Oh, you mean Math 204?
A: Yeah, you probably didn't see me. I was late, so I was sitting by the door.
B: Well, I'm Sylvia. I'm sorry; did you say your name was "Jack"?
A: Actually, it's Zack with a "Z."
B: Sorry, Zack. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.
A: Don't worry about it. People are always calling me Jack.
B: Zack, why are you taking that 8:00 math class?
A: That's the only time I can take 204. If I could take it later, I would.
B: Yeah, I understand. My schedule's the same way.
A: But next semester, I think I'll be able to take Math 205 in the afternoon.
B: I'd like to do that. I'm just not a morning person; especially when it comes to math!


0 comments:

Post a Comment